When you're working with a product that is nearing 40 years old you look at things that way. Beside it was an off hand joke. If 8 years is an eternity then I'm almost eternity squared. :-)

----- Original Message ----- From: "gerry-u2ug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "gerry-u2ug" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 7:47 AM
Subject: RE: [U2] SOAP

"give us a break"  sorry I don't understand the comment.
8 years is an eternity in this business - cripes primetime java is only
about, what, 3 years older than that - would you hold the same opinion
about a faulty java runtime implementation ?
Soap is a well documented protocol and the age, or perceived lack of, is
no excuse for sloppy implementation.
If it wasn't ready it shouldn't have been released.

But that is beside the point.  I wasn't slagging uv soap handling, I was
asking if there was some config settings that I haven't seen that would
modify its behaviour.

Gerry