-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Mark Johnson
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 10:37 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] OPEN Statement DICT Default

To All:

Was there ever a real requirement on any prior flavor to have the
typically non-used DICT portion of the OPEN statement be the set of
quotes and a comma.

I accidentally forgot it in 1978 on a Microdata and it still compiled.
To this day I have not seen a reason for the OPEN "","FILE" null dict
indicator and have not used it since unless I actually want the DICT
level.

Just wondering.

Thanks
Mark Johnson