Hello,

We have a cron job which does the following:

1- Uses Universe's  uv.rc script to stop Universe and
unirpc daemon
2- Make a backup of the Production account into a
different filesystem on the production machine.
3- Restart Universe & unirps using the uv.rc script
4- Start the backup to tape of the copy of the
production environment.

When Universe is re-started along with the unirpc
daemon within the cron job, Universe works but the
unirpc daemon doesn't work correctly.  It must be
stopped manually from the uv menu and re-started.  Has
anyone here encountered a similar problem ?

I've tried to get support help from IBM but I get the
run-around.  I'm told that IBM won't debug my
companies script even though I've repeatedly told them
that the script we are using the uv.rc script that was
written by IBM.

We are running Universe 10.1.8 on a HP.UX 11i machine.