-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brutzman, Bill
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2006 7:56 PM
To: 'u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org'
Subject: RE: [U2] Universe & Java & Web Client

We here need a new religion for GUI apps.  Right now we are green-screen
with mostly Dynamic Connect and a little wIntegrate.

Because our back-end is HP-Ux, and .Net apps are not supported on a Unix
drive, a Microsoft solution is not viable.  We would not want an
intermediary Microsoft server (which could fail) between PC clients and
host.

Thus, Java.  While Swing is tempting, Swing is "rich" without "reach".  We
do not want to have to someday re-write Swing apps to be browser compatible
for remote access.

While I am encouraged by DE, RedBack, SB+, Adobe-Flex, and an abundance of
third-party tools, for us these products are pricey.

The pack seems to be narrowing to u2Logic and JSF.

The comments from people on this list have been a big help and are much
appreciated.

Regards,

--Bill

Because we host UniVerse