LONGNAMES ON in the account seemed to help us.

On 6/13/06, gerry-u2ug <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Stupid brainfart question (?) :

we had things configured so that CREATE.BFILE created type 19 files.
sometime recently the command has reverted to creating type 1 files.

I can't remember how we got the type 19 behaviour so I'm not sure where
to look for the culprit or how to change it back.
Can anyone point me in the right direction on this ?

The problem surfaced when UV.VI stopped working for items with long
names - again :(
I fixed the issue here by changing CREATE.BFILE to CREATE.FILE 19 to
force the file type to 19.

Gerry

john