Jeff Powell wrote:
Here is my java command

java -cp ./asjava_p.zip:./asjava.zip:/usr/lib/jvm/java/jre
asjava.uniproxy.UniProxyAdminClient -config=/opt/udproxy/uniproxy.config
-command=start -access_token=myPasswd
Starting proxy server...
Proxy server started.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] udproxy]#

It returns control to bash and it does not show up in the process table
(ps -ef | grep -in java). It also does not respond to connection
requests.

This is uncharted territory for me since I've only used UOJ with servlets, but you might try:

netstat -a | grep 314*8

to see if the service is actually listening on those ports. If nothing shows up, see if the ports are defined in /etc/services and grep for the name instead. If you do find that the service is listening, you can use:

fuser 31448/tcp
fuser 31458/tcp

to determine the specific process that's listening on those ports. If you determine that the proxy server is running like it's supposed to, maybe there's something else interfering with your connection (like a software firewall). You could also:

telnet localhost 31448
telnet localhost 31458

to see if you can at least establish a connection.

-John
--
John Hester
System & Network Administrator