That particular printer uses a DIMM (quite expensive).  Newer HP's can
take very reasonably priced Compact Flash cards.  In either case, use
HP's Forms and Fonts Manager to load them.  It's a free download on HP's
web site, although a little tricky to find.  The forms are done by
creating the graphics with whatever program you like best (I like
Pagemaker), then print to file using a PCL5 printer driver.  You can
then upload that file as a PCL macro.  We use a number of "on-the-fly"
forms: invoices, purchase orders, checks, etc.  Only the checks require
anything other than plain white paper.  MICR toner is more than twice
the price of regular, so it's probably best to have a dedicated printer
for checks or have some way of insuring that the expensive toner
cartridge is swapped for a standard one for normal use.  Just don't
forget to put the good stuff in for checks or you'll be getting
"nasty-grams" from your bank.

Norman Morgan <> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <> http://www.brake.com
Thank you for pressing the Self-Destruct Button.