> I have to get even trickier in SB+ -- which will not
> "officially" run in
> Prime and Reality flavored accounts.  I can't get to
> their source code to
> control the verb, so I continuously swap-out the
> verb in before-and-after
> routines.  And of course I avoid using SB+ for
> selections when I can.

Is asking them to produce a version of their code that
uses another flavor of the select statement out of the
question ? It probably wouldn't be hard for them to
detect what kind of flavor is running and ajust their
selects accordingly.

If the company that made the software no longer exist
(ei: Abandonware) there are de-compilers for various
flavors of Pick that can produce source code from the executable.