The original poster was asking about a single IF statement and how to
split it into several lines, I don't think using a CASE structure would
solve this particular problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bruce Nichol
Sent: Friday, 25 August 2006 11:42 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] [UV] Continuing Long Lines

Goo'day,

At 11:01 25/08/06 +0800, you wrote:

>One way to break up a large condition is to do something like this...
>
>COND1 = (condition1 OR condition2)
>COND2 = (condition3 OR condition4)
>COND3 = (condition5 AND condition6 AND condition7) IF COND1 OR COND2 OR

>COND3 THEN...
>
>You could make the variables COND1, COND2, etc. meaningful (like
>AMOUNT.TOO.LARGE, OVER.LIMIT, WRONG.SUBURB).

Wouldn't this look much cleaner and neater (not to say more
understandable) with CASE statements?

Regards,

Bruce Nichol

DISCLAIMER:
Disclaimer.  This e-mail is private and confidential. If you are not the
intended recipient, please advise us by return e-mail immediately, and delete
the e-mail and any attachments without using or disclosing the contents in any
way. The views expressed in this e-mail are those of the author, and do not
represent those of this company unless this is clearly indicated. You should
scan this e-mail and any attachments for viruses. This company accepts no
liability for any direct or indirect damage or loss resulting from the use of
any attachments to this e-mail.