From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:57 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] SB+ Documentation

Larry Cordrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote on Wed, 8 Nov 2006
09:20:55 -0800

> Does anyone know if there is documentation available for SB+
xxPROCESS
> file and/or the screen definition record?

I'm not aware of any documentation, per se, but here are a few notes
to help you locate the information you may need.

Normally, I wouldn't recommend modifying a process outside of the
corresponding tool, but there have been times it's been useful to
find, for example, a process associated with a particular file, and
selecting the right field in xxPROCESS is helpful.

The xxPROCESS file uses Attribute 1 as a Type field (e.g., P for
Paragraph, I for Input Process, etc.)  The contents of the other
fields vary depending on the type.

You also have items defined in xxDEFN, including /ARD reports, Code
Tables, Dialog Boxes, etc.  Again, the first attribute defines the
type of record and the rest of the fields will vary depending on this
type.

Screen and Report Writer Definitions are stored in the corresponding
Dictionary files with Attribute 1 being SCREEN or REPORT,
respectively.
Again, the fields are used differently depending on the item in
question.
These also have auxillary entries (e.g., SCREEN.TXT, SCREEN.GUI,
REPORT.TXT) that contain the non-derived portions of the screen or
report.

Within the various maintenance tools, you can usually choose
F10-Action, then Print to get a 132-column report of the contents.
This works for field, screen, and report definitions (/FD, /SD, /RD)
as well as the various Process Definitions (/PD).  You can compare the
output of these reports to the actual data stored in the appropriate
file to review the corresponding structure.

Hope this is of some help.

--Tom Pellitieri
  Toledo, Ohio