At 11:16 PM 11/12/2006, you wrote:

I don't know how 'aggressive' strategy 7 needed to be in oder to secure
access to the knowledge base..

I took one phone call to them after I was booted from IBM because S7 held
the license, and I was on in no time flat

I can speak to this as I was personally involved. We had to be somewhat 'aggressive' for Charles access as he was an early pioneer for having this access once IBM released it to be open for end users. There were alot of kinks on the IBM side initially because of complicated permissions with multiple user ids. We were more or less in a beta stage with Charles at that time and had to work through it. Now we have it down to a science and turn around time for access is a day or so from the time the request is in. (And yes now I see your post today saying the same thing but I already typed this up :-))

And no we are not threatened by empowering our customers. Our customers base realizes our value add. We provide 7X24 service at the same rate IBM would charge and have personalized service in which you always reach a real live person within a few rings. Pretty much old school ways of doing support.

And another thing, I heard talks about combining user ids on IBM's website to a 1 universal web user id to simplify access. We as Vars are frustrated too as it is confusing of what user id is needed in the different sections of IBM's website. I have not heard anything lately on plans of releasing this anytime soon but hopefully it is still in the works.

Doug Miller   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager of Technical Services
Strategy 7 Dallas TX -------