From: "Barry Brevik" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "U2-users (E-mail)" <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 8:11 PM
Subject: [U2] [UV] Question about EQU

> I inherited some code and I noticed that the programmer consistently
placed his equates outside of the program flow, in other words, the equates
would never be executed. Nevertheless, the DO get evaluated. For example:

> LABEL1:
>   FOR I = 1 TO 10
>     PRINT 'HELLO WORLD'
>   NEXT
>   RETURN
>
> EQU THIS TO THAT, YIN TO YANG
>
> LABEL2:
>   I = 1
>   LOOP
>     I += 1
>   WHILE I LE 10 REPEAT
>   RETURN
>
> See how the EQU would never be "executed"? Since it works, I assume the
tokenizer reads the whole program and picks up the equates, but what I want
to know is, is there some reason for doing it this way, perhaps better
performance or less memory used?