Sanjeeb,
There are several problems with this and I strongly suggest you get some training. [AD] My company, Key Ally, does training[/AD]. However, in brief: Variables are only global within a program. Once you CALL SUB, you are in a new program and all variables in it are inherently unrelated to the variables in the calling program. To connect them you either need to use COMMON or to pass them. For example: if line 12 of MAIN said CALL SUB(REC) *and* SUB started with SUBROUTINE SUB(REC), then REC in MAIN and REC in SUB would be linked.

   Charles Barouch ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
   www.KeyAlly.com (718) 762-3884 x 1
   P. O. Box 540957, Queens, NY 11354