Hi

At TCL all calculations are done with whole numbers. Therefore your raw data schould NEVER contain decimal points. I guess the SQL SUM is equivalent to the TOTAL statement in the LIST processor, which would return the same result. As a workaround, you can crate a new dictionary item with a correlative that multiplies the raw value by 100 and an output conversion like MR2, and use that dictionary item for your SQL statement instead of EX.NUMBER.

hope that helps

Mecki Foerthmann.

Babic Marinko schrieb:
Hello

I have a single value field EX.NUMBER with the following values:

Key    EX.NUMBER

A         123.45

B         567.89

C         987.65

The result of the following SQL Statement using BCI (UniVerse BASIC SQL
Client Interface) is

SELECT SUM(EX.NUMBER) FROM YYEXAMPLE USING DICT DYYEXAMPLE;

Result: 1679

The result should be 1678.99. The statement PRECISION 4 does not affect
the result.

Any idea?

Kind regards,

Marinko