Hello Mac,

On 3/20/07, Mac Bhyat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Has anyone had any experience with the open source mv database maverick.
What were your impressions, experiences etc.

Yes some experience ;-)

I am evaluating it as an alternative to Universe, specifically looking at
converting our BASIC code to Java. Is this possible ?, or does maverick just
put a wrapper around by BASIC code so that it acts like a Java Class

The maverick basic compiler compiles basic into either java source
code or directly into java byte code(a class file).

Today compiling directly to bytecode is preferred method, the java
source code generator hasnt been as well maintained lately(my fault).
The resulting classfiles run in a JVM the same as any classfile
compiled from java source.  They are freely callable to and from java
routines.  Also the large body of third party java libraries can be
easily integrated with the basic code.

This is a list for u2 users, probably better to ask further questions
on the maverick-devel mailing list.

- Robert