>I have received  a paragraph say PARA.WORDS in a notepad.How can i get the
>content of PARA.WORDS into my universe system VOC file without again
>creating/typing  it with:
>ED VOC PARA.WORDS in the Universe instance .Is there any way to get the
>contents onto the VOC file.

This is assuming that you have Notepad and your client (SBClient,
wIntegrate, etc.) on the same machine.

In Notepad, do "Edit > Select All", then "Edit > Copy" to place the
information on the clipboard.

Go to the UniVerse window, type in "ED VOC PARA.WORDS <rtn>". Type in the
letter "I". Go to "Edit > Paste". This will copy the contents of the
clipboard to the input buffer in the line editor. Hit <rtn> to go from the
"Input" mode to the "Edit" mode, and file the item.
If this is a PAragraph, the 1st line will need to start with the letters
"PA".

>Whwn I create a  paragraph in which location is it stored.

The actual item is stored in the VOC file. The VOC file is a "cooked" file
... that is, you cannot see the individual items in the file unless you are
using the UniVerse engine as the driver (hence, the ED VOC PARA.WORDS).

HTH

--
Regards,

Robert