Assuming you have other non-color HP Jetdirect connected printers that
do work from UV, I'd suspect a setting on the printer.  You might want
to check that the language setting is set to "AUTO" or "PCL".  You can
also change the language setting prior to a job via a PJL command:

PRINT CHAR(27):'%-12345X':CHAR(10):
PRINT '@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE = PCL':CHAR(10):
PRINT CHAR(27):'%-12345X':CHAR(10):

If you're just not sure how to direct the jobs from the UV spooler to
the OS spooler, the following script is what we use:

#!/bin/sh
cat - | sed -e 's/$/\r/' | lp -d is_laser -o raw

The "sed" command is just replacing LF with CR at the end of the line to
eliminate stairstepping.  Just enter the path to the script file in the
UV driver field.

-John