I can imagine two possible curriculae in which a textbook could work.
The area I have been researching might lend itself to a supplemental
text (far easier to get approved for a course than an actual text
book) within a Computer Science, Information Systems, Database-y
curriculum specifically for the purpose of showing that not all
databases are SQL-DBMS's (or deriving from the RDBMS wave). Simply
showing the video I mentioned is helpful to giving students who have
spent half a semester normalizing data a broader perspective. If your
book would fit into that curriculum, I have already given some thought
on how to pursue that, enough to decide it was not worth it to me, but
it might be to you and your publisher. Some of this has to do with
what the current reach and goals of your publisher are.

The second area would be an introduction to programming, to give
non-CS majors more of a clue about the profession of software
development than they would get by coding Excel macros.  Sam Anderson
and others worked with Martin at Ladybridge to get an OO
implementation in OpenQM, making it a good candidate for such a
course. Students can then learn both procedural and OO programming.

I have less knowledge of what the business curriculae are like across
the US, recognizig they vary greatly, to have a clue how to market to
this crowd. They are more likely to listen to what industry is telling
them they need in student skillsets and also perhaps more swayed by
magazines on what the trends are in computing, so I'm not sure how
easy it would be to break in with BASIC at this point, but if it is
positioned well and your pilot site has good success, I can imagine
some others possibly being interested.

You likely know this, but the requirements for textbooks these days
include such things as integration with BlackBoard and Moodle, with an
adjustable syllabus, powerpoints for each day of class sometimes and
even online quizes and tests, as well as possibly both an instructor
and student web site with working examples and such. If your publisher
is not set up for textbook sales, it could be difficult for
instructors to find your offering.

Java is currently the language that incoming Freshman need to know in
order to get college credit for any programming efforts from their
high school years.  It is not an easy language to get into, however.
So, I can imagine getting students started with something else, such
as BASIC (although Python or even Ruby come to mind, but are not as
easy for data processing)

Now, I just talked to you on the phone the other day, Chuck, and we
chatted about a lot of your various jobs, but this one didn't even
come up. You sure are keepin' busy!  --dawn