Mark,

My comments to your post would be one of what is your real business?  I
think maximizing billable hours from a consulting standpoint is very
different than building viable software solutions for today's market.   I
have a couple of green screen guys myself that love their 10+ year old app
and are reluctant/too price sensitive to rush into changing it.

What I get from each of them is increased need to do more 'modern' things
based on competitors or new business requirement where integration to other
things is a requirement (web and MS Office are the most common).   As the
new request come in,  I use the opportunity to modernize the environment
wherever possible.

I would think one way if my goal was generating hours and quite another if
my goal was developing software.  I would think that every MV software
company out there has dumped or is trying to dump their green screen.  If
they don't,  they flat out won't be able to sell it.

Mike Randall,  MCP