Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (not named).
Warning: Please read the "AngelicHost-Attachment-Warning.txt" attachment(s)
for more information.

Ditto, I had one boss that thought he would solve some locking issues by
putting a "RELEASE" in one of our main data entry routines. The boss would
pull up the screen in the morning, have the secretaries enter all of the data
(while not entering any), then File the blank record over top of all the other
records at the end of the day.

Another time was a fraud case. One user wanted to get the other fired so
discovered the users password and would log in and delete the other users
records.

We also had an issue with writes to the wrong files. When we first went to
System Builder our development team took SB's advice (they hadn't bought the
"big green book" yet) and used file numbers without really understanding how
they worked. Every once in a while things would end up in the strangest
places. I ended up writing a routine that went through every file on the
system looking for the missing records.

Good luck
Colin Alfke
Calgary Canada

________________________________

From: Charles Barouch

Pam,
    I've seen this with bad locking schemes. Does your application do
real U2 locking, or is it using a custom lock scheme?

    Charles Barouch

--
This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
The original e-mail attachment "winmail.dat"

If you wish to receive a copy of the *infected* attachment, please
e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message
in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with
the contents of this message to hand when you call.