From: pam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 21 May 2007 21:56
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] create a select list

thanks for you help, and i was working on it and i finally can read with
ic_readnext but... (always there is a but) ... I can4t receive all the
data
from a multivalue column, I just receive the first only. I don`t know if
must do something more to get all the data. I will investigate more but
you have any idea i will apreciate it!!
Thanks again you give me a great idea.
Pamela

On 21/05/07, Anthony Youngman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> OOWWWWWWW
>
> I don't know what to suggest here ... but I do know what's happening.
> You're using a SQL SELECT, not a RETRIEVE SELECT.
>
> What I think you want to do is to just do a "SELECT FCV". This will
give
> you a list of keys from which you will get RUE and LNV row by row.
>
> Thinking in SQL terms, "SELECT FCV" will get you a cursor of primary
> keys. READNEXT will then get you the rows one by one. You then need to
> extract the columns you want.
>
> I think you really need someone with you who knows what they're doing.
> If you can do it in BASIC, you can do it with InterCall. But once you
> start getting confused by throwing SQL into the mix, you're likely to
> get in a real mess ...
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

InterCall