-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Anthony
Youngman
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:29 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: Re:[U2] New UV system

Your memory is faulty :-( though I would advise people to do what you
suggest.

We've had serial cards plugged in the back of servers and they worked
fine (when they worked...). But if you have any sense, you do tend to
stick a network card into a printer, or plug it into a dedicated
printserver box (even there, I had nightmares getting serial printers to
work - parallel was fine).

You can get Windows to print to a serial port on a terminal server -
been there done that got the t-shirt - but don't ask me how, it's too
long ago (Prime LTS300s and a Shiva Atom).

Cheers,
Wol