Hi all,

We are trying to copy Unidata accounts from our AIX box to our Linux box. We do not have a common tape drive we can use which would seem the ideal way to copy large amounts of stuff. We decided to try using "scp" (SSH version of cp) and managed to get some small accounts copied over and working. It is a very slow process :-( While trying to use "scp" on an account with larger files (not huge mind you), the process will stall and then it is disconnected. Does anyone know what would cause "scp" to stall like that? It does not seem to use up a lot of resources on either box.

Any suggestions on what else would work in both a secure and, preferably, a faster manor?

Thanks,

                          Jon Wells
Database Administrator                         Beloit College
Information Services & Resources            Beloit, Wisconsin
608-363-2290        [EMAIL PROTECTED]       608-363-2100(fax)