From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Brian Leach
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2007 12:42 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] UniData 7.1 vs. MS SQL 2005 performance

Nancy

this was discussed in the past at great length! To summarize:

When the U2UG was formed, we petitioned for IBM to open up their knowledge
sources. The problem is their vars, some of whom do not want their users to get
access (and presumably show up how p*ss p**r their support may be).

So a compromise was reached - if the var agrees, you can get access. Of course,
some vars won't - but then you could always buy a single user UV from a
sensible and capable var who will. that's probably worth the cost of the
material anyway.

it's also one of the reasons we started the U2UG knowledge base - and we're
about to launch a Wiki on the same site.

Brian