From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bernard Lubin
Sent: 03 September 2007 08:47
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] [UV] - Getting the call stack trace within a program

I would like to write a program that will enable me to identify which
program has modified our master file.  I have a generic program that issues
the write command, but would like to know what program/subroutine called
this generic program.  Alternatively, I am also looking at putting a trigger
on the file to identify when the record was modified.

One of the details that I want to capture is the call stack trace (Like the
one produced by the debugger/RAID T command)

Is it possible for me to execute a basic statement/function that will return
the call stack trace. I know that we can issue a PORT.STATUS PID 9999
LAYER.STACK, However, this is a very resource hungry command (and can only
be executed by 1 user at a time) and also the PORT.STATUS command cannot be
issued from a file trigger program.

For example if I have PROGRAMA that calls SUBRA which in turns calls SUBRA2
and finally the GENERIC.WRITE, I would like to issue a command that will
return the subroutine stack : PROGRAMA ; SUBRA; SUBRA2; GENERIC.WRITE
(preferably with the line number that called the various subroutines)

Thanks

Bernard Lubin
Development Department
Reynolds and Reynolds