What is the txt from the XMLGetError function?

This may point you towards your issue.

 Michael Rajkowski
 SWG Client Support - Information
 Management Software
 Software Engineer b IBM U2 Client
 Support Team
 1-800-729-3553
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Register today for the premier U2
 technical event!

             "Adam Eccleshall"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
             .co.uk>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          cc
             stserver.u2ug.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [U2] XDOMRemove() query
             09/06/2007 09:15
             AM

             Please respond to
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                er.u2ug.org

Hi,

A colleague and I are having some difficulty getting XDOMRemove() to
work (UD 7.1, Windows).  Using the syntax

ERR = XDOMRemove(HANDLE, XPATH, NSSTRING, ATTR, VAL)

Where

XPATH = /DEPStaff/body/staff[1]
NSSTRING = xmlns=HI
ATTR = '.'
and HANDLE is a pointer to an open XML file that looks like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>
<DEPStaff>
<header>
</header>
             <staff>
                         <userid>136</userid>
             </staff>
             <staff>
                         <userid>204</userid>
             </staff>

</DEPStaff>

How would I use XDOMRemove() to remove an entire <staff> node?  I've
tried using the XPath mentioned above with ATTR set to "@", ".", "/" and
"node()", but XDOMRemove() returns with e.g. "The attribute by name '.'
didn't exist."

If I try with ATTR = "", it returns "Illegal use of the file, select,
cursor, BCI, Socket, HTTP, XML, SCTX ,MQS, SOAP or database variable."

Unfortunately, the one example for XDOM I found on the internet covered
all the addition functions, but not removal.

Any help greatly appreciated,

Adam Eccleshall

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.

CACI Limited. Registered in England & Wales. Registration No. 1649776. CACI
House, Avonmore Road, London, W14 8TS.

24292643.jpg]

24558816.jpg]

graycol.gif]