Chuck

As a list-member, here is my personal view: I'm entirely with you.

I also have to say - I have witnessed Chuck's involvement with this list and
with the U2UG board, and the time he gives to this community is simply
incredible. I would also say the same of Larry for the wonderful job he does in
keeping these lists going. And so if moderators like Chuck and Larry are happy
to step in - intelligently and with the respect they have shown for this list -
I applaud them.

This list is hardly over-moderated: just count back the ACTUAL NUMBER of topics
that have been crossed to U2-Community in the last 3 months, and you will see
that this really is a non-issue.

If anyone wants a topic going to Community - then subscribe to that list and
follow on. It's not difficult or onerous. We're all professionals, and so I
don't accept (a) that it should be the dustbin of meaningful topics (or we
would all have voted to end the threads, not move them) or (b) that intelligent
I.T. people can be blocked from them. There are such things as personal emails,
webmail, and if these are blocked at the workplace then people can always
access this stuff from home if it is valuable.

These lists work for those of us who read them daily. I only wish I could
contribute better, and I have no problem with them staying as they are.

BUT with my U2UG hat on, I will be guided by the opinion, as far as we can get
it, of the MAJORITY of the real users of this list.

Brian