Chill, Chuck!  ;-)  As Bruce Neylon pointed out, your emotions
are leading you to distort things a tad.  But, this is such a nice group
that no one is going to attack you for venting or suggest that you not
do that.  Even if tomorrow you wish you'd waited to hit SEND no one here
will jump down your throat for expressing yourself.

        I don't believe anyone wants an un-moderated group -- I know I
don't.  And I think everyone would agree that the moderators have been
doing a fine job and have contributed value to the list far in excess of
their pay.  So I vote to keep the list moderated.

        However there have been some valid questions raised, including
these:

        *  [AD] tagging - What are the rules?  Who decides when a post
is an ad?  What is the punishment?  [MY OPINION] If the sole purpose of
a post is clearly to advertise a product it should be tagged in the
subject line.  Otherwise, we should allow a lot of slack and not worry
about it.  [/MY OPINION] [DISCLAIMER] I am a software vendor and was
recently "cyber spanked" for a post which Charles (erroneously)
categorized as touting a product. [/DISCLAIMER]

        *  u2-community list - Should there be two lists?  Who decides
when a post should be moved or killed?  [MY OPINION] There should only
be one list and we should allow a lot of slack before killing a thread.
If there are a lot of MP posts I guess that means that quite a few list
members are enjoying that thread and I have no problem with it
continuing a bit as long as I can identify related posts by subject
line.  Maybe the list should decide when enough's enough - perhaps five
votes from list members to kill a thread?  [/MY OPINION]

        *  serious issues - What should cause a moderator to step in,
kill a thread, reject a post, revoke list membership or take other
serious action?  [MY OPINION]  Posting of pornography, obscene language,
personal attacks against other members, racist or sexist comments,
spamming the list, harvesting member addresses for spamming purposes or
other posts that offend the list membership.  Perhaps feedback from five
members ought to be enough to revoke membership; I like the idea of the
moderator assisting in the administration of a list that is actually run
by the membership.  [/MY OPINION]

Jeff Fitzgerald