Charles_Shaffer wrote:
> Uniobjects is not strictly limited to Visual Studio.

Tony G. wrote
>I chuckle on the statement that Windows is 'very limiting'.  Gosh, I
guess
>that explains why we can't get any software for these stupid things.

Tony,

I was talking about the limits of Uniobjects, not Windows, but now that it
comes up.

Windows is limiting BY DESIGN.  Over the years MS has limited
interoperability, corrupted standards, and generally tried to create the
impression that Windows is the only OS in the world.  And people buy it.
Even IT people.

Now I shouldn't complain.  Supporting Windows has been a goldmine for IT
people.  Windows provides an endless stream of problems for people to pay
us to fix.  Bill Gates is a business genius.  He took DOS and created an
industry.  That doesn't change the fact that Windows is a bloated version
of DOS which was not networkable, not multiprocessing, and not re-entrant
as opposed to most other OSes which were designed to be networked and
multiprocessing from the bottom up.

VS is a great IDE.  I wish it would run on other platforms.  And Windows
is my second favorite OS.  Everything else ties for first.

Gotta go.  I need to finish up this Windows app.

Charles Shaffer
Senior Analyst
NTN-Bower Corporation