Charles_Shaffer wrote:

>  Over the years MS has limited
interoperability, corrupted standards, and generally tried to create the
impression that Windows is the only OS in the world.  And people buy it.
Even IT people.

Quite true in many ways, the only company in the world to beat Micrsoft on this
would be Apple who have perpetuated myth after myth of their being the first
and the best and the most conformant ...  I am quite sure in 20 years time they
will claim to have invented the mobile phone.

As a fan of linux I still use client tools on my Windows PC (Unidebugger,
wintegrate, VS etc) to develop, but of course deploy most of my applications on
*nix.