Either you su to root, login as root or (if setup) do a sudo uv to enter
universe as root and then run the master off.
I built a program to do the sudo piece for me. Among other things!
This the GOSUB that does the work.

LOGOFF.MSG = ''
ERR.MSG = ''
VOC.REC = ''
VOC.ID = 'TEMP.LOGOFF.USER'
VOC.REC<1> = 'PA'
IF (SELECTED.USER.ID) THEN
  VOC.REC<2> = "UNLOCK USER ":SELECTED.APP.ID:" ALL"
  VOC.REC<3> = "MASTER OFF ":SELECTED.APP.ID
  WRITE VOC.REC ON VOC.FILE,VOC.ID THEN
    UV.CONTROL.CMDD = "sudo -u root /usr/ibm/uv/bin/uv TEMP.LOGOFF.USER"
    EXECUTE "UTL1SHELL ":UV.CONTROL.CMDD CAPTURING LOGOFF.MSG
  END ELSE
    ERR.MSG = 'Unable to create Master off voc pointer'
  END
END ELSE
  ERR.MSG = 'No user selected'
END