Thanks to everyone who replied!

On a slightly different subject

I downloaded the UniVerse Online Library, I have been going through it
but what's unsettling is that almost all the admin docs refer to
administering universe with some windows GUI tool (uniadmin)  what I
cannot seem to find are any references to administering universe WITHOUT
uniadmin, surely there are people administering universe (on unix
systems) without uniadmin

I was hoping to find a doc that detailed things that Phil pointed out ,
but so far all I can find are ways to administer universe using uniadmin

Dougc

Search the UniVerse Documentation Set
New Features
Administrative Supplement for Client APIs
Administering UniVerse
Guide to ProVerb
Guide to RetrieVe
Guide to the UniVerse Editor
Guide for Pick Users
Moving to UniVerse from PI/open
InterCall Developer's Guide
UCI Developer's Guide
UniObjects Developer's Guide
UniObjects for Java Developer's Guide
UniObjects for .NET Developer's Guide
Using UniOLEDB
Using the IBM JDBC Driver for UniData and UniVerse
Using UniAdmin
UniVerse BASIC
UniVerse BASIC Commands Reference
UniVerse BASIC Extensions
UniVerse BASIC SQL Client Interface Guide