UniData Replication uses UniRPC to launch socket connections between the
machines in replication. Whatever port you have configured.
If you've read the OPS Guide already, you are a speed reader!
People implement Replication for different reasons. I'm not in a position
to advise you on how to setup your replication groups (in this forum).
If you would like IBM Lab Services to assist you with a Replication
implementation, please contact Steve O'Neal: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Wally
Thanks Wally,
I am getting closer. After rebooting again, the RM service is running on
both machines. Windows just wants a reboot every now and then. So much for
99.999% uptime.
I still have firewall and port-forwarding issues since the two machines are
in separate locations. But that is not for this group to suffer through.
Does the replication service work through the RPC port 31438?

One conceptual question:
I copy the complete account from the publishing server to the subscriber.
Should I only put the database files that I care about into a replication
group or all the data files?

Martin Scholl
18910 New Hampshire Ave
Brinklow, MD 20862