Hi, thanks for the example.  What does DIGEST do ?  I did

HELP BASIC DIGEST at the TCL and it isn't in the online docs.  Is it a Hash or
encryption function that returns a 128 bit number ?

----- Original Message ----
From: Rex Gozar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 1:48:40 PM
Subject: Re: [U2] [UV] Named commons

Jacques,

Here's an example of generating a uuid using the userno and time.  Note
the line wrap on the "RESULT =" line:

EQU TD$UTCSECS LIT '(SYSTEM(99))'  ; * seconds since 1970-01-01
EQU TD$MILLIS LIT '((SYSTEM(12) * 1000) "R%3")'
ERRCODE = DIGEST("MD5", @USERNO:TD$UTCSECS:TD$MILLIS, 1, RESULT)
RESULT = DOWNCASE(OCONV(RESULT, "MX"))"########-####-####-####-############"
DISPLAY RESULT
END