-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of IT-Laure Hansen
Sent: Thursday, February 14, 2008 4:01 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] Excel downloads

Comma delimited fields are always a bit of an issue in this case. The
correct way to program CSVs is to place quotes around the fields, to
account for just this - but then: what if you have quotes in your
fields? Tab is usually a "safer" delimiter for the simple reason that it
is rarely stored as such in data files, but Excel does not handle a
tab-delimited file quite as well as a CSV file. You can of course use
I-descriptors that convert quotes to blanks first, or any other
transformation.

Thus my original question asking for help and tricks: I know what it
takes to get me to where I want to be, but I am looking for the miracle
tool that will work for all types of data extractions with minimal data
massaging and scripting from me.

Thanks,

Laure Hansen,
City of Redwood City