Bill,

Our clients have run into this multiple times with UniData and Windows 2003
servers that are Domain controllers. It is always an issue when the machine
was a fresh install and not an upgrade from Windows 2000. The problem most
likely isn't that you're trying to do this with SBS, it is the fact that SBS
is also an Active Directory Domain controller. Contact with IBM support has
not helped since they claim this is a Microsoft Windows security problem
easily confirmed by the fact that Admin's can telnet in. Many of our clients
IT staff have found themselves having to become Active Directory experts to
figure out how to allow non-Admin user's telnet access to a domain
controller.

If you think about it, why would you let any non administrator telnet access
to a server anyway? Of course if you are not running System Builder you
wouldn't, but we are and need to. Many Google searches finally resulted in
these Microsoft Articles (again focusing on the Domain Controller aspect,
not the SBS).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917791 (new article, might be why the next
one didn't always work)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/292536 This one details how to prevent
access, so use reverse engineering to figure out how to allow. I found this
note in the article helpful:
NOTE: When there is a TelnetClients group, only users who are members of
this group have Telnet access to the domain controllers in the domain,
unless those users are administrators of the domain. Members of the
Administrators group always have access by using Telnet even if they are not
members of the TelnetClients group.

I am not convinced that following these instruction fixes the problem. Some
cases it does other cases it has not, but might give you an idea why.

Sorry to not have a more conclusive solution, but we try hard to convince
people not to run the database on their Domain Controller. In the case of
SBS, the idea is to get everything on one box.

Good luck.

--------------------
Louis Perez
System Administrator
F.W. Davison and Company, Inc.

REGARDING E-MAIL MESSAGES FROM F.W. DAVISON AND COMPANY, INC.:  In an effort
to conserve our natural resources, and to be sure time-sensitive information
reaches our customers as quickly as possible, F.W. Davison & Company
distributes notices and other important information mainly through e-mail.
To be sure these notices are received by the appropriate people in your
office, please forward this e-mail if necessary.  You can update your e-mail
address by logging into the Customer Resource Center at www.fwdco.com and
proceeding to Account Information > Update Account Information.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message, and any accompanying
documents, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
disclosure, distribution or copying is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact our office by e-mail or by telephone at
(508) 747-7261 and immediately destroy all copies of the original message.