The best, and most accurate, answer is "it depends".

For B-trees the answer is, indeed, 8kb.  For hashed files it's governed by
separation (= group size).  For directory-type files (Type 1 or 19) it's
governed by the operating system.  And all of that can be confounded by clever
disk controllers and I/O optimizers that "read ahead" assuming that you're next
going to ask for the next contiguous disk buffer, especially in sequential I/O.

Get them to get in touch with IBM (through "ask us" would do) for technical
documentation about why you should avoid backing up - and especially restoring
- UniVerse databases that are active, if using utilities that are unaware of
UniVerse internal structures.  You can end up with inconsistent images on the
backup media.