Thank you Colin,

you gave me back my sanity.

Mecki

Colin Jennings wrote:
Hi Mecki.

This really should be a question for the SB Solutions list ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) but fortunately there's a few of us that frequent both lists!

You need to use the DUP function in your derived field - For example (BUD_MATL / DUP("10",BUD_MATL) - ACT_MATL). The DUP will duplicate the static value as many times as there are multi-values in BUD_MAIL.

Best wishes
Colin.

I am trying to write a report using SB+ 5.2 on UniData. The problem is that I have 2 multi-valued fields - One with 3 decimal places and the other with only 2.
To show the difference, I need to divide the first field by 10.
Now, I have been trying this for days, but it just won't work.
I created a new field with a derived value : (BUD_MATL / 10 - ACT_MATL), but it only does the calculation on the first value. For all others it returns -ACT_MATL If I use the generated V-Type dictionary with LIST, it works fine. It uses REUSE(10) as expected. If I try REUSE(10) in the Field Definition though, SB+ won't let me - Syntax Error.
Anybody out there, who can help me solve this puzzle?

Mecki Foerthmann