To: <u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 9:22 PM
Subject: [U2] version control

We are looking to add our UniData/SBClient environment to Subversion, and wanted to get advice from anyone who has done something similar (CVS, etc.) Searching through past posts, I found Brian Leach's note about generating DICT items from scripts, which I quite like; I suspect there are more ideas like that around.

First, however, we need to come up with a suitable repository structure. We have a number of live, proto, and development accounts on one box (HP-UX). We have some universally shared directory files, but most files are unique to each account.

To begin with, we are wondering whether it would be best to have individual repositories for each account, or whether there should be one repository with relative paths for each account, or whether each account should be a different branch, etc.

Suggestions welcome, however we are want to standardize on one solution -- Subversion.

Thanks,
David Beahm