-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Dave Taylor
Sent: Saturday, April 19, 2008 12:09
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Downloading and Installing RHEL Desktop 5.1 From Scratch

Well, here it is Saturday morning and my long-anticipated weekend project of
installing Universe on Linux has just come to a screeching halt.

I downloaded RHEL 5.1 Desktop and burned the disk1 cd image to a CD-ROM
using
Windows XPPro.

When I install the the CD-ROM on the new machine with only the CD-ROM drive
designated as a bootable device, I get a message:

 "Boot Error. System Halted."

I tried to install it on my laptop and it failed to install there also.

The CD-ROM drive read lite came on in both cases, so I believe that it's
reading the CD-ROM but not finding what it expects to find.

Using Explorer to view the download or the burned image, I see only one icon
representing an unknown file type.

I don't see any individual folders or files within the image.

To fail this early in the process suggests that I'm doing something very
wrong.

Any suggestions?

tia,

Dave