  That is true and what I mean by high resolution is extremely frequent
requests. The scale of that is dependant on the hardware and the application
making the requests. When the entropy pool runs out, you get a function
block until more hardware data is available to generate a new value. That is
what I mean by "flawed". If you have a tiny box with a small entropy pool,
you could exhaust the entropy pool often which could lead to performance
issues. Of course, the new pseudo generators don't block at all. That is
what you are referring to below. The problem there is that entropy pool is
reused to generate pseudo bits to regenerate new keys from, which increases
the chance of repeated keys.

> But then, if you want unique, pseudo-random keys, I think there are
> generators that are guaranteed to return every possible number, only
> once, each cycle through the number space.
>
> None of this, however, solves the OP's original problem, I don't
> think...
>
> Cheers,
> Wol

  That's true. Random keys can not be sorted by order of creation.

Glen