From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bessel, Karen
Sent: Friday, May 09, 2008 3:57 PM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: [U2] Blink Error - Dictionary Related

A client is experiencing a blink error when using a certain I-descriptor in a
SORT, but not in a LIST or SELECT.

I can't copy the code into the post because of copyright purposes, but this is
the dictionary item:

0001: I

0002: IF CASE.PERSON.ID # "" THEN
SUBR("CJ.READ.PERSON",CASE.PERSON.ID,1,"") E

 LSE ""

0003: S;*;"*** No Defendant ***"

0004: Defendant

0005: 30L

0006: S

The dictionary item referenced by the I-descriptor:

0001: A

0002: 1

0003: CASE.PERSON.ID

0004:

0005: M

0006:

0007:

0008:

0009: R

0010: 8

0011:

0012: COMMON

Attribute 1 should be single-valued but there are 27 records in this file that
have multiple values in this field.  On our in-house system, we also have a
handful of records that have multiple values in this field, and I can't
recreate the problem here.

There are commons involved in the subroutine referenced by the I-descriptor.

This issue just came to me and the people who worked on it before did all of
the data related things I would have done: searched for control characters, fix
tool, deleted the file then recreated it, etc.

I don't know if I've provided enough information to explain the problem....but
has anyone seen this? If you've experienced an application-related blink error,
I'd be interested in hearing from you.

Karen Bessel
Software Developer

Tyler Technologies, Inc.