Henry,

If you're lucky the file fixing utility uvfixfile may repair it: type HELP
uvfixfile for details. For anything other than automatic fixing you need to
find some expertise or get the backup out.

If you're really lucky, you might (might) get the content out by using

RESIZE filename * * *

This creates a new copy of the file with the original sizing parameters.
It's worth a try.

UniVerse has filepeek which allows you to modify the structure, but it
requires some expertise.

But to reiterate - NEVER copy records between instances of UniVerse over
shares (samba or nfs, makes no difference). My personal would be to write a
simple .Net program to read from one server and write to the other over
UniObjects connections.

I don't have a copy of uvNet - so maybe someone can assist. Does CONFIG show
it when it is installed?

Regards

Brian

Also showing age, at least it is better than the 'automatic GFE fixer' on
the old Ultimate. As soon as you saw that you knew you had lost half the
file for good...