<quote who='Thomas Derwin' date='Friday 16 May 2008'>
> Unidata's CREATE.FILE command allows you to specify the directory path.

Sure, but this isn't a OS command.  I think he was excited about the
possibility of creating a new database file on the fly from the OS, not from
within Unidata.  (But perhaps I misunderstood his ?!?)

> So you could replace the mkdbfile commands in steps 3 and 4 with
> CREATE.FILE DICT /dir/subdir/FILENAME mod,sep
> and
> CREATE.FILE DATA /dir/subdir/FILENAME mod,sep
>
> In step 5, copy VOC FILENAME to the remote VOC and optionally delete it
> from the current VOC
>
> Hope this helps,
> Tom Derwin

> There is not a version of this for UniData is there?!?

Jeff Butera, Ph.D.
Administrative Systems
Hampshire College
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
413-559-5556

"He works out of his home office doing technical training.
   I call it gambling."  Overheard at grocery store.