Kevin,

It sounds as though the server is seeing the disconnects, but the client is
not getting the response back to recognize that it is truly disconnected.
Therefore the object is waiting on  a response.   I am not sure if the
driver is thread safe, but I would not count on it.

I might suggest putting all your communications code in a separate module
and subroutine.  Also don't wait on the response since it seems like the
closing is actually happening.  Make all the object variables local to that
module/subroutine so that when that routine exits they will fall out of
scope and "should" get cleaned up.

Rich Taylor | Senior Programmer/Analyst| VERTIS
250 W. Pratt Street | Baltimore, MD 21201
P 410.361.8688 | F 410.454.8392
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.vertisinc.com

Vertis is the premier provider of targeted advertising, media, and
marketing services that drive consumers to marketers more effectively.

"The more they complicate the plumbing
  the easier it is to stop up the drain"

- Montgomery Scott NCC-1701