Well, the CLOSE appears to have been a red herring.  Everything ran fine for
several hours, then all at once a half dozen sessions didn't get
disconnected.  And again it appears to have been when there were a lot of
simultaneous sessions.  I'm leaning more and more to a threading issue with
the Unidata ODBC driver.

--
-Kevin
http://www.PrecisOnline.com