-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bob Rasmussen
Sent: Friday, July 11, 2008 10:06 AM
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: Re: [U2] Extra Form Feed from .prn File Followed by Text

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008, Don P. Nagai wrote:

> Help!  Im trying to print a form created from Word combined with text.
> This method has always worked when creating prn files using a PCL5/5e
> driver, removing the standard escape sequences that trigger form feeds,
and
> then sending the trimmed file in RAW format to an HP printer running
either
> PCL5 or 6.  Its worked fine until now.  A new customer has Windows Server
> 2003 x64, an HP P1505n Laser Jet and the prn files were created with XP
Pro
> drivers.  Now every time we attempt to print, the form comes out on one
page
> and the text on the next page.  If we build the prn files for an older HP
> model (say Laser Jet 1300 PCL5e) we get a single page, but the text and
> portions of the form are garbled.  Ive contacted HP and their suggestion
> was to use Laser Jet 6L drivers.  The print jobs still generated the extra
> form feed.

Do you know that there's an added formfeed, or might there be something
else added which implicitly causes a formfeed? That is, have you looked at
the data that the printer is actually getting, by capturing your combined
output to a file?

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen,   President,   Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 company e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
            fax: (US) 503-624-0760
            web: http://www.anzio.com
 street address: Rasmussen Software, Inc.
                 10240 SW Nimbus, Suite L9
                 Portland, OR  97223  USA