I am tasked with building an log file for our customers using our web site
(Redback).  I have figured out how to grab what I need, but am not sure the
best way to make the file structure.

I need to track the user (their E-mail address), the web page, the various
request options, the date and time.

Should I:
1) make each record a unique hit on the web (i.e. not multi-valued) with a
sequential number as the key?
2) make each record a unique hit on the web (i.e. not multi-valued) with the
key being the emailAddress*date*time (a big key depending on the emailAddress)?
3) make the key the emailAddress*date, with each hit that person makes a
multi-value based on the time?

The issue here is that while I am not storing a lot of pieces of data for each
hit, some of the data will be big (emailAddress, web page).

Option 2 could have a big key and I believe UniData would prefer a smaller one
(half the data is the key). To take it to an extreme, since there are no
multi-values, the entire key could be the record, but clearly, this is not
preferred.

Option 3 would take advantage of multi-values, but a user who hits a lot of
pages will have a HUGE record for each day.

I am leaning towards option 1 (many small records, with a sequential number as
the key), but wanted to throw this out for debate.

John Israel