-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nick Gettino
Sent: 28 August 2008 19:07
To: u2-users@listserver.u2ug.org
Subject: RE: [U2] UniData Keys

There is no way you should put the email address as part of the key.
You can run into key length issues, the file will not hash properly
causing access to it to be slow.
Based on speed which is all we care about in 911 development.
We use sequential keys zero filled.  Date, time and email address would
be attributes 1, 2 and 3.
Build an index off of the data you will access all the time.
The file will hash very nicely.
Just make sure your counter of keys doesn't roll over back to 1 again.
My 2 cents.

Nicholas M Gettino | Director of Development | EnRoute Emergency
Systems, an Infor company | office: 813-207-6998 | fax: 678-393-5389
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | www.enroute911.com
Register Now! | EnRoute Emergency Systems Customer Conference |
September 22-25, 2008 | Mainsail Suites Hotel & Conference Center |
Tampa, Florida