I've been wondering why the Shane Co. felt the need to migrate away from UV.

* Was their IT staff unable to meet business requirements due to the limitations of UV?

* Was their IT staff to blame, rather than the UV database environment? (i.e. understaffed, lack of skills, etc.)

At any rate, it appears that either (or both) caused Shane Co. management to look for a different solution. Under the assumption "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" I would think that management thought something was broken, and they needed to spend money to fix it.

Does anyone have any first-hand knowledge of the specifics? Anyone care to share their insights?

rex

John Hester wrote:
There were a few posts back in January about Denver jewelry retailer
Shane Co. and their disastrous migration from UV to SAP.  Today they're
starring in an eWeek slideshow about I.T. disasters: